Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

So... Oceans

I just heard a really good song last night... well two nights ago. First time I've ever heard it. But it was a really good song. One that gets stuck in your head. You know those songs that once you've listened to them they never leave. They never go even when you get annoyed by them. Well this time, I've decided to take this song and try to learn something from it...

You know what I learned...

I'm a Sap.

There I said it.

But really I am.

I'm one of those guys who loves a good Chick Flick, a good Love Song. I don't know how it happened and it doesn't make sense. I guess growing up with 4 girls took it's toll on me.

It's true... Sappy sap. Probably not the worst but really... I watch Leap Year and I was all mad close to the end when she didn't end up with the right guy. Then I was really really happy when at the end she finally ends up with him. I wouldn't say as much as I cried. I'm not much of a sap. I'm not a saap. Just a sap.

It's been a thing coming. It's not new. I know it. I tried writing songs... but they all ended up to be something about love and stuff... It was strange. Even when I tried not to do something songy and with lyrics that was sappy... it just happened. I've sat down and started playing and a song just pops out. I don't even remember them the next day. It's just like they need to pop out or I'll go insane.

Oh here is an example. This is the last one I wrote and I only got a couple lines in... basically one verse. Maybe half a verse... or a chorus... I'm not sure but here it is.


I am walkin, Through the forest of Love
They a mockin, The way I feel for you but girl
Oh girl, please know you are the one for me
who I love completely

Sappy. I know. It just happened. I sat down with my guitar and put a capo on and started playing and after a while I started to sing. Kind of strange. I thought I was going insane. Yeah make fun of me. Go for it. You can if you want... but I don't think it'll change me.

I just thought of something random... would a "Sappy Man" be a contradiction?

And there is my wall.

Oooo... 'nother idea pop. Blam. Bam. Bap.

So i guess this in the end... I'm not really sure.

I could just ramble. But I don't think many would read it. Well... I just had an idea. I'll make a separate page that has some random lyrics on it. I'll change it periodically... if you want. Posting them isn't as good cause then you just get lyrics... no commentary. The commentary is probably the best part eh. Read on... if you want.

But this is ending.

Singing Out
Matt

1 comment:

ChloƩ said...

I LOVE LEAP YEAR! matt its good that you are like that, cause you know what, you just get more girls by loving what we love! ;)