Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

It's been a while...

Hey, Guess what... I'm not dead. I'm just clarifying that i'm not dead and haven't fall off the face of this earth. I'm just at school... which is pretty much the same thing but whatever. School is intense. Really really intense. I love it. I have found the perfect time to study and the perfect place to study... well for me. Perfect time is right after all my classes are done and on Tuesdays after the devotional. I go to the Library. I know that some people don't like this place but I find the BYU Library a perfect place to study because the only distractions I have is my laptop doing what i'm doing right now. But it's not a bad distraction because I only use it when I need a little break from studying. A way to clear my brain for another while of study.

BYU is pretty much the Bomb.com. It's really fun to be here and you meet a lot of people from all over. I have made about 6 friends but unfortunately/fortunately they are all guys. One is from Cali, another from Orem. One from Iowa, one from Arizona and I really can't remember where the other one are. I don't even think we've talked about where they are from. So... don't judge me. But they are awesome. I have two classes with 3 of them so I see and talk with them during the day. The two I've grown closest with names are Taylor and CJ. Taylor is from Cali and CJ is from Orem. It's pretty interesting to hear stories, especially from Taylor, about life. Here in Mormonville it's kinda hard to understand people who aren't members because literally everyone here is a member. Not everyone but a lot of people are members. It's cool to hear stories of people they have talked to and friends they know and stuff. It's really cool to hear their testimonies and try to understand how the received it.

One this I though was really cool was from a friend called Trevor. He lives in Iowa. Iowa is all one mission and it covers I think one stake or less. I find it intriguing that the whole state of Iowa is one mission. Iowa isn't really that small. I bet it's so hard to find people who believe the same things you do out in Iowa because it's just huge.

Meeting new people is fun. Classes are fun. Everyone wants to be there and you have no party poopers who are just there because they have to be. Everyone participates and everyone is awesome.

Nothing more... just an update on my life

OH MISSION UPDATE!!!! I now have a visa to leave the country!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm definately going to Brazil now!!!!!!!!!!

Signing Out
Matt

No comments: