Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Idea... Well... More like sentimental Idea

So... You get one of these again... sentimental and probably annoying... but here it goes

So I was listening to a great wonderful song and have been for almost three days... ok well... not straight... well... I am straight but I mean I like I listen to it whenever I can and when others aren't in the car.

THIS SONG HAS PENETRATED MY SOUL!!! LITERALLY!!! ouch...

I know some people might not get this cause it's more of a song for a guy... Girls like the song and they might be able to compare with me how they feel but seriously... for the guys... This one... well for the guys who want to read and the girls who will read...

Author : Stephen Speaks

Song : Out Of My League

Album : No More Doubt


(Girls you can change the word to be about a guy if you want)
Before anyone goes crazy and stuff listen to the song a couple of time.

Yeah it's cute and sentimental... but the reason why i'm having you listen to it or you can choose to listen to it is not the reason you probably think.

Most people listen to this song and think "Oh was a great love song" "I'd melt if someone sung me this..." (Yes... you know who i'm talking about... hopefully) "Great song to get a girl to like me"   And other stuff like that. But take a step back. Don't listen to this song on a one to one level or a boyfriend to girlfriend level. I know the song is really targeted to lovers or people who want lovers...

But the beautiful thing about music is that you can take it anyway you want. It's up to you. Whatever you think might not be what the person next to you is thinking. It's beautiful.

The reason I went through all this work to tell you this is so you can think about it too. I guess that's what Blogs are about.

I just thought you could think about it about everyone.

The way I see this song is...
     Picture the friends and people you have met and that have influenced you over your life. Now listen to the song and picture the friends, the family, the stranger who has helped you in your life. Picture their face. Picture how they have helped you. Remember how grateful you are for them and how much you really love them. How even though there isn't anything romantic between you two, you still Love them with all your heart.
     Now most people when they think about friend that have influenced them for the better, I usually think I'm "Out Of My League once again"
     How in the world did I become so lucky to have such wonderful friends. Grown to love how they act and their funny little quirks. Even though you are totally different you are so glad that you have met them because they have made you so much better than what you were before.
    
This just all hit me tonight. How grateful I am for people; People who lift me higher.

We are all out of our leagues. Think about it. We can all grow to something on this earth. We could be the dictator of the world and still be out of our league. Without the Love of God and the Atonement we wouldn't be able to get in the right league. We're out of our leagues without the condescension of God. The Love he has for us. The infinite love. The infinite Atonement. "We all should Love how Christ Loved." Infinitely and without guile. Without hate or light-mindedness.

I'm sorry that just turned into a religious thing. Actually I'm not sorry. It's true. God loves us. He will always love us. He will always want what's best for us. We just need to figure out his will and strive to live a Christ-Like life. Looming, I know. We can't live a perfect life but we can live a life to the best of out abilities and Christ will make it up for the rest. Perfect through Christ.

(Watch out CHALLENGE AHEAD READ AT YOUR OWN RISK)


Challenge Part 1: Now go out and tell someone how much you love them. But don't tell someone who you talk to regularly. Talk to someone who has influenced you and you don't see them all the time. Don't Facebook them or Text them. Socialize. Call them. Meet up with them. Talk to them. It's so much better to talk.

Challenge Part 2: Now for the second part of the challenge "Be not afraid of the Gospel of Christ." Stand as a witness in all things and in all places. Don't be afraid to talk about the Gospel to people. The biggest part about this part of the challenge is to not be afraid to talk. In our day and age of texting and blogging (Ironic eh?) and Facebook. We lose the social part of life. Talk. Be not afraid.

Signing Out
Matt

P.s. Try to keep the special experiences to yourself unless you are prompted to share them. Don't flaunt around with the gospel. It is a sacred and special thing. But testify. I know a little confusing... but you'll get it.