Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Preparation

So, I've been preparing (who would of thought) for my mission and stuff. It's pretty fun. I love learning. I learn from my Book of Mormon class and my Mission Prep class. Well... I learn from those places more doctrine and stuff. But my favorite learning has been personal study. For an example, if you have see 'The Other Side of Heaven' the main guy in that movie (sorry, I can't remember his name) he learns the language from reading the Book of Mormon is his native language and then in the foreign language. Back and forth and Back and forth. Well, I'm trying it... but it's a Portuguese and not in Tongan? Samoan? Not sure which it was in the movie. Well if you want to check out the page 'Portuguese' I have new words on there. I'm kinda guessing at these words. I haven't checked them. I just guessed from what I read from English to Portuguese.

Anyways that has been the funnest preparation I've been doing. It feels awesome to be learning the scriptures and trying to learn Portuguese. It's way fun. If i can give any words of small counsel to people who are learning a foreign language, try it through the Book of Mormon. It does take a while to do but it's so much fun.

Signing Out
Matt

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Matty-
Thanks so much for all you do and for sharing your preparation process with the rest of us...it's neat for me to see what's happening, and exciting that my friends are so alive and living the gospel, getting ready to share it with souls around the world. You're great, never forget that, and always trust in the Lord. He lives, loves, and listens. It's true. :)
Love, Me.