Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Music and the spoken word

My lovely family.
Well, It's been another week me dear family. Another week... I wish it would really slow down. There isn't enough time to change. Wow. I learned something really cool about a mission. "It's not bad to have bad results, it's only bad to not change yourself." (President Pizzirani) Then I was thinking, When we change ourselves, we will have the results we need.

Well, this last week we found an investigator that is just gold. It's was so cool to see how they accepted the Book of Mormon and were even excited for us to return today. We are going back tonight to help them again. I'm sure they are going to be baptized. We just need to do our part. I also learned that with every investigator, we need to introduce the Book of Mormon as fast as possible. It will be the base of their testimony. I love reading the Book of Mormon. I'm learning so many things. Learning about the Diligence of Moroni, The knowledge of Helaman, The Faith of Enos, The Hope of Lehi, The Love of Alma and the sons of Mosiah, The Patience of Alma and Amulek, The Obedience of the Stripling Warriors, The Humilty of Ammon and The Virtue of Nephi. It's amazing to see how the Christ-Like attributes are in every chapter. Then we need to apply everything we learn. It's really amazing to see the differences.

I had an amazing experience. On my mission I haven't been baptizing all that much. But I love helping the other missionaries baptize. My District Leader had a baptism lined up but because of a death in the Branch, we had to postpone it. But we knew we couldn't postpone it for another week because this man, named gilbertos, needed the baptism. We couldn't leave him for another week with temptations. So on Sunday we basically had a district effort to help this baptism go. My companion and one of the other missionaries started cleaning the baptism font and My district leader and me went to work. We went to the house of this investigator and we helped him have faith to go to the chapel. The chapel is about 45 mins away on foot from his house. So what we did, we ran all the way to the chapel while he was on his bike. The members couldn't help us this day. So we just ran while the other two missionaries at the chapel filled up the baptism font with buckets of water, going up and down stairs for about 1 hour. This baptism was so spiritual. It was amazing. Me and my companion had the opportunity to do a musical Number... It was so spiritual. The baptism ended at 9:10pm. So we had to run to our house. But I must say it was amazing.

Also, I'm going to send you a song, well a recording of the song my and my companion did. I hope you like it.

Endure to the End

I Love you Signing Out

Elder Barry

No comments: