Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Weed wackers

I don't have much time to write this week. We are in a little bit of a hurry so Hi familia. Brasil is hot. It feels great. The heat is something that I am liking so far. Today we weeded the chapel and that was relaxing... I loved it. So good. Here are some photos. Before and after pictures included. My hands are hurting from weeding. But the Brazilians don't really weed like Americans. They take a shovel looking thing and wack at the weeds until they are gone. I wish I had thought to take a picture of the shovel thing... oh wait... I remember what you call it in English... It's a hoe. You just start wacking weeds with a hoe. It's pretty fun. Can you believe that I've been out for about 8 months. It's just crazy. I'm more than a quarter of the way done... More than a quarter of the way to feeling saudade (there isn't really a word to explain this word... it's basically a feeling of missing someone or something) of the mission. Today I studied and I learned that the church is true. Just a reafirmation that everything that we are doing is true. So just know that it's all true. Fica Firme Endure to the End Signing Out Elder Barry

No comments: