Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Jeferson and prayer

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!

Brasilia is awesome. Na verdade (actually), Goais is awesome. I'm in the mission Brasil Brasilia but in Brasil Goias right now. Anyways. Side point view thingy.

My P-day is today. and if you want to know about 5 week transfers it's because the USA missionaries here only have 2 year visas. So we have 2 five week transfers and it makes us go home 2 weeks earlier... or releases us from the mission 2 weeks earlier. They do this so that the parents who really really want to come pick up their child can come down, pick them up, tour around a little and still have time for the missionary to do that. Does that make sense? We just do it for the missionaries and the families because in the older times the missionaries couldn't spend time with their families here in Brasil. So that's why we have this. It's a good idea.

I didn't get transfered. I am in Planaltina de Goias ainda (still). But my companion is now Elder Santos. He is pretty awesome. We only have maybe three or four hours of knowing each other but I can already tell that this is going to be an awesome transfer.


Well now I want to share an experience very special to me

This story starts when I started studying how to have a better prayer and how we should feel after we say a prayer. So I studied and decided to have a notebook to write down the ideas and answers and things that come to my mind. It was an amazing experience. I really learned a lot from it. Well, I was saying a prayer and my question was "Why am I in this area? Who am I here to help?" After I started writing down names that popped into my head. Names of members and less actives and missionaries went through my mind. Then randomly I had a name of 'Jeferson' go through my head.

I don't know any "Jeferson" in this area but I just knew that that is why I'm here, to help him. I don't know who he is and how to help him or where to find him so I just continued working and trying to find this person. The last Sunday of the transfer we were at church and there were a LOT of less actives. A LOT!!! It was pretty crazy. We had about 14 less actives in church and they just felt like they should come back or something. I don't know what happened. Elder Young and I started talking to a young man... more like we asked him his name. He said Jeferson...

WOW!!!! WHAT?!?!?! When he said that me and Elder Young looked directly at each other. Surprised... what?!?! Jeferson... so you can guess that was a real shock. I almost forgot and had given up hope on finding him. Last Sunday I thought I was going to leave this area but I didn't. I'm still here - here to help him come back to church and help his mother get baptized. That is my purpose in this area.

It really was a testimony builder about prayer. God will always answer prayers and put people in our path to talk to and to help.

ALWAYS!!!

"In God we Trust"

Endure to the End

Signing Out
Elder Barry

No comments: