Pages

Thursday, April 07, 2011

Fasting

So, this isn't transfers week. Transfers are at the end of this month... I think. I don't know when.Yes mom. That was really the church and church ground... So I'm so very sorry for this short email but I'm trying to keep this under an hour... for my companions sake... because I usually spend a lot of time sending emails to everyone... So if you haven't had a response yet... I'm sorry. I just want to share something I learned about fasting.Fasting is such an amazing tool we have to get blessed. Something I learned is that when we fast we grow but we might not grow in the way we want to. The Lord knows what we want and what we need. He will never give us a rock when we as for food. But if we ask for a rock, he usually wont give it to us. He'll give us what we need and when we need it. So for conference, our mission had a goal to take 500 people to church, each dupla needed to take 7 people for this to happen. Elder Santos and I accepted the challenge and went to it. We were fasting and working to make it happen. We had people are ready to go and they were firm to go. The day before and the morning of conference... everyone fell... we had no one firm to go conference. So we worked so hard to get more poeple. Conference was about 45 mins away by bus. So... we walked around town inviting everyone to go then we took a bus there and literally talked with everyone on the bus. It is something that I've never done... We just did it. We got to conference and we had 2 people going. They were two people that members had brought. We still had the blessings from God after we worked our hardest. Only after. I learned that our fast for people in church we didn't get people in church... but we did grow in knowledge about how to work and help this area. Endure to the End Signing Out Elder Barry

No comments: