Pages

Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Fruit and no doubts

Hello... Again? I don't know what to say about this last week. I honestly am without words. I guess I'll just start typing something that comes to my head like...

FRESH COCONUT!!!! HOLY GOODNESS. We were at a member's house and we had finished lunch. We were talking and the subject got to coconuts. They told us they had a coconut tree and they were surprised that me and my companion had never had fresh coconut. They went outside and pulled some off and cut it open and gave it to us. Wow, literally coconut has water inside. It is so cool. The carne (the inside stuff you can eat) was amazing. wow... Let me tell you the fruits here are so amazing. They have soooo much good stuff; Acerola, Graviola, morango, cana, banana, caju, caja, açai, abacaxi, maçã. Wow... these are all names and if you want to look them up... it's good stuff.

A mission is such an amazing experience. Really. If anyone is having any doubts about a mission. Just go. It's better to go and serve a full two years then not go or go and come home early.

So I just want to put the last little end on this letter.

We were talking with and teaching a guy. He was Baptist and was from a church that really believes in missionary work. He started asking questions that he thought were so important but were easy to answer if you have the restored gospel. We literally have answers for everything. OK we don't, God does but he was trying to put doubts in our heads about the church. Finally we just told him to pray because he wouldn't quit. When we were leaving he said something along the lines of "I know that something I said put a doubt in your mind." I just told him that I don't have a doubt. With the answer that I have received from God, I don't any doubts about this being His church. He was kinda shocked. I flat out just told him that I knew this church was true. He then told me to "watch out". Basically he was telling me to not jump into this too fast or something like that. If only he knew that this is the Church of Jesus Christ here on the earth again. If only he would pray he would learn that. It's interesting that when other people have tried to discredit or change my mind about the church, my testimony grows stronger. Stand up for this Church and defend it and you will grow stronger. I don't have any doubts. I know that prophets in this church are called of God and I know Joseph Smith was called of God to restore His church here on earth. So if I have doubts, they don't matter. I already know.

I've been learning about pride and confidence. There is a difference. Confidence is knowing God will answer prayers. Pride is what stops people from asking God. Have confidence and not pride. Ask God anything with faith and confidence and he will respond. He will.

I Have No Doubts.

Endure to the End

Signing Out
Elder Barry

No comments: