Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Teaching in Goias

Holy canoly... If you can believe it, it's been another week already. It's so crazy how fast time moves.


If you can believe it, too, I am leaving my area on another trade. I am going to be on a bus for about 6 hours today going to a place called "Posse" that is in our district with a zone leader so he can do an interview. How crazy is that... I don't think I've had a normal week this transfer where I stay in my area the whole week.

Well, the language is fine. I'm not scared about it anymore because I know that if I teach with the spirit, the Lord will guide my words. There are some times that I don't know the word that I said or I just felt like I needed that word. It's so amazing how much a mission can change a life.


We are teaching a good teaching group right now. We have worked it up from almost scratch. The other missionaries didn't leave much because one was dying in the mission (not dying but one was in his last transfer and the his companion was a newbee in the mission. So, I bet it was hard for them to stay focused)

So we found a lady named InĂ¡cia. She is just golden. She has just been prepared for this moment and I'm pretty sure she will baptize. She has a little trouble understanding everything but we are teaching really, really slow and simple (like we are supposed to with everyone) and it's been working out awesome. She is so great and just an amazing lady. We have had sooooo many spiritual experiences with her.


Our best way to find people (in this area) is through contacts and just knocking doors and asking for water (really simple) Then we start a conversastion with them and ask if we can enter and leave a message with them. Elder Young and I have really changed how we talk to people. We are being more simple and just straight out telling them why the church is true. Usually in contacts with people on the street we just introduce ourselves, what we do and then ask them if we can help them prepare to be baptized. It's amazing. Really it narrows people out so much faster. I've only been doing contacts with men because this area really needs men. We also invite people to be baptized in the first lesson and mark a date with them in that first lesson. If they don't accept, we need a really good reason to go back to them. That's how the work is going here with me and Elder Young.
I don't have time to write any more right now. Our bus is leaving in a half hour and we still need to buy tickets. We will talk next week.

Endure to the End

Signing Out
Elder Barry

No comments: