Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Merry Christmas

Hi People,

I'm in Brasil

I've been here for almost 5 months

This feels really weird

Time is flying away

Just flying away.

It just feels so strange.

But now I'm starting my third transfer, we started it off with a bang and unfortunately ate at McDonalds. Dang, I think it's strange that the last time I literally ate at McDonalds in the USA was when I was about 6 years old... or something like that. Now, I think I've eaten there at least once every transfer... I still haven't figured out why Brasilians like that place. It doesn't make you feel that good. But the fries did taste pretty good, also they have fruit drinks there, I got pêssego or more commonly called, peach.

So I'm here... in Sobradinho 1... for one more transfer and I'm going to love it. I already know my companion and the area. Everything is chill. I was expecting to leave this transfer because I think when you get too comfortable on the mission, that's when you move. I love this district too. Wow. I really love this place and these Elders here.

I'm sending pictures and I hope they can be put on the blog. I'm just sending them like I always send them. They are of "Christmas" or more commonly called "When I actually opened my presents before Christmas" and I like to call the last ones "The only mini cooper in Sobradinho 1 and I'm sold on buying one sometime after the mission (and notice that I said sometime after the mission and not directly after the mission (which also means like maybe 30 or 40 years after the mission))

Então, este lugar é muito legal. I love it a lot. People here are really more open then in the United States. In the good ol' USA, it's really awkward to talk about religion. Or by what I've experienced, it's pretty awkward. But here, it's totally de boa (or chill). But with what I've heard too, Sobradinho is pretty closed about it too. I can't wait until I can got an area where everyone just loves to talk about religion. It will be awesome.

So I think it's funny, I have heard more American music here than Brasilian music. It's pretty funny because here Brasilians sing American songs, because usually they don't know what they are saying. They just like the beat. But I guess it's the same for me here. I hear something with a good beat and I'll keep singing the melody... come to find out... that song isn't all that good... so I think I'll change. That might be good. .

Um... I don't know what more I can tell you... except I got Peanut Butter and Beef Jerky for Christmas. That is exciting. I going to have to hide them... but everyone in the house I'm in is Brasilian (Again) so I don't think they even know what it is exactly... but just to make sure... I'll eat when they are taking showers and stuff like that... actually... sharing is caring... I don't know... Peanut Butter is precious here. Man, hard decisions of the Missionary part one... To Peanut Butter or not to Peanut Butter... that is the question.

So I just would like to pass along the amazing story of Alma (The older) and the people of Alma (who ran away from King Noah). They are so amazing because through all the trials they had they accepted everything with patience and long-suffering. We all need to have patience in our lives. In every aspect. With family, friends, reading, school, mission and children. Wow. I just can't stop thinking of all the blessings we will receive when we do that. So Endure to the End

Singing Out
Elder Barry

No comments: