Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

December 7th letter

Hello, from Brasil (I feel like i always open with that but it's true)


So this week went pretty well. Twas pretty fun. We worked hard. I guess I could end this letter right here. But I wont


So I'm going to relate something I did last transfer that I thought was really really funny. So in this mission we have to do at least 10 contacts everyday. Sometimes we would forget so we would hurry and invite people to church. But one night we were walking and we were going past a bus stop. Well there was a couple there. They were all huggin and being all cute. Well as we drew nearer and nearer they got closer and closer. So being who I am and wanted to have some fun. I stopped and started talking to them... I thought it was really funny because they were about to kiss or make-out or something. I don't know. But I stopped it right before it happened. I thought it was really funny. I invited them to church. Told there were it was. What time it started. Testified a little... and said bye. I thought it was really really funny afterwards... and still do.


So something about Brasil. Things that would be really really awkward in the USA isn't awkward here. Like making-out in public. But the one that really is awkward for me is women breast feeding in public. It's just something of this place. I think i've seen more women breast feeding walking down the street or causually here than I ever did with my family in the USA. We were even in one lesson and the mom started breast feeding her child. Just right there... it was really really awkward. Luckly my companion was teaching at the time so I just looked at him as he taught the family.


So with those two awkward stories out of the way. I have something really really funny. As you can see in the picture... I'm praying... but what you don't know is I'm actually asleep. I was so tired. The Brasilians in the house took a picture and video taped me for a little bit and this is one of the pictures I got... yes... I was so freaking tired that day. When they woke me up I thought I was still praying and I felt offended that they woke me up in the middle of my prayer... but now as I think back... right before they woke me up... I think I was dreaming about flies or something... man... what a weird prayer. This picture looks funny... but thinking about the prayer now is even more funny.


So Segunda-Feira (Monday or yesterday) usually I remember that the next day in P day and I'm all excited. But yesterday was the first time that I didn't remember. I think it's cause we worked so hard... It was a cool feeling to get lost in the work. The time just flew by yesterday. So I learned time flies when you're having fun or when you love working... which basically makes it fun.


So if you have time and want a 'light' read... start reading "Jesus, The Christ'. Ok so it's not really a light read. But it's an amazing book. It goes all throughout the life of Jesus and explains almost everything. When you read it, you need to read all the notes at the end of the Chapters as well. It all is so good. Ok now if you want a light read. Read "Our Search for Happiness" That book is full of goodness, doctrine and everything try it some time. It really is worth it. These two books are really really good.


So i want to put one more little thing in this letter. If you have a Patriarchal blessing. Pull it out and study it. I have been studying mine... Wow. I would tell you what I've been learning about myself but it's kinda personal so I wont. But the one thing that I really like is faith. Faith has a major part in our lives. I will share a small brief part of my blessing. Well a summary. Basically it says that all the blessing in my bless are sealed by the priesthood and will happen ACCORDING to my faithfulness. Honestly. Everything in life is according to our faithfulness to the things we learn. One way to show your faith is to teach. Because when we teach, we learn more and more. So I want to challenge you to teach something you've learned about the gospel.


I love you.


Endure to the End


Signing Out
Elder Barry

No comments: