Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

December 14 letter

14 de Dezembro

Oi meus Amigos, Oi minhas Amigas, Te Amo.

So this past week has been really good. But honestly I don't know what to say about it. Me and my companion have been working really really hard. We started working in only three Quadras in Sobradinho 1. These Quadras are really far away so not a lot of missionaries worked there. But we walk about 45-50 mins to get there and about 35-40 mins to return... it's more to get there because it's uphill. But we have been working really really hard in this área and have been just tearing apart those Quadras. It's been really fun to start in a new place in Sobradinho 1.

So I have a word of warning for all my friends going on missions... STAY OBEDIENT AND NEVER BE A SLACKER!!! We have had problems in our mission for the last two transfers that have just barely surfaced and it's affecting the whole mission. We have had horrible numbers and really really low numbers and we found out why just this week. So honestly follow all the rules. They are there for a reason.

Enough of that downer. So I'm learning to work through my trials... like with patiences. I really wish I could work on other attributes but all I'm seeing right now is patiences. I probably need to stop and reevaluate what all of this means. I'm sure I'm working on other attributes as well.

So now for pictures.
So these are bugs and things in Brasil.

Oh so we have so many ants in our house. Like a whole but. My study usually is distracted by little black specks running around on my desk. Sometimes I'll play with them... which basically means I'll terrorize them. But not really terrorize. Just play.

So I love this work. Really Endure to the End helps. One day we were knocking doors on one street and we were getting nothing. But we kept on going. Then at the last house. Literally the last house. We got in and this girl was a golden investigator. We have been working with her but she can't get to church because she works with her mom on sunday. Finally we couldn't get a hold of her because she worked so much. Twas sad. But honestly endure to the end. It's that important.

Endure to the End

Signing Out
Elder Barry

No comments: