Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Hello, Greeting, Oi from Brasil

This is my current companion, Elder Andrade, He is so amazing and very patient with me.

These elders are all of the Brasilians that I live with and me. From Left to Right Elder Oliveira, Elder Andrade, Elder Barreiro and Elder Barry

These pictures have a story. Me and my companion were playing a little game of soccer in the area in front of our house. (Which I'll try to send a picture next week of it) and i kicked this ball on the roof of our neighbors house. So I climb up there with a pole to reach the ball. It was epic and yes... I still love to climb on things. I just don't have the time and the places to do it.


It's just me... I'm coming for you

This is my companion and his balding head. I want to call him baldy but I don't know how to in Português


This has really been an interesting week. With new experiences and new ideas and everything new. I love new weeks. Every week I can just push away the old week and just start working on the new. I learned this from my companion. One day we were sitting and I looked over and he was gluing his missionary planner shut... now that's just not normal. He was taking the pages and gluing them together... I thought it was kind of weird so I asked him what he was doing... basically he said that last week was horrible and he doesn't want to remember it and so he's closing out the week and focusing on the new week... Wow... inspiration... from the awesome Elder Andrade.

Elder Andrade is crazy... but I'm crazy too... so it's been working out pretty well. He's extremely patient with me and how I work and everything I do. I'm new and an American... so he's very patient with me. Very very very very extremely patient. I'm pretty much blessed because of it. He's totally de boa (Which is a slang that means chill). We work hard, walk everywhere, trying to do things different in this area because our area hasn't had much luck in the past 6 months-ish... so we are doing everything different. Well trying... because this mission is getting the same results as it was 2 years ago or more... and there was a promise that Brasil will be a giant help for the church, that the membership with EXPLODE. So if we are getting the same results then we must be doing the same things. So we've got to change to get new results. It's hard but really really really (add another really) fun.

Usually throughout the week I write down little thoughts and ideas and funny things that I can write and tell you on P-Day, but I forgot to do it this week. So I'm bascially writing whatever comes to my brain. Not much so it's kind of difficult to tell you how things are going. So I think I'll send some photos from today and past things so you can see how things are going for me.

Oh so I've been trying to learn how to be more organized everyweek and everyday... It's not working out too well. I start a system and then something happens and I forget it one day... then it's a mess... so I need to learn somehow to keep it clean in the house and everywhere. It's hard. My desk is a mess right now and so it my closet and everything... but I somehow know where things are.

One thing I learned this week is to keep moving cause time will keep moving too. Never will time stop for you so don't you stop for it.

Endure to the End

Signing Out
Elder Barry

No comments: