Pages

Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Happy Birthday, Matt!

Hello Everybody,
Today is the day that I can technically be on a mission and I don´t feel any different whatsoever. It´s just another day of work really. Today has been great. I was surprised that the people I live with remembered it was my birthday. They celebrated my birthday as they sang to me this morning after we all got up and said our prayers. Then we got ready and studied. And I love studying. I just finished the Book of Mormon in English and it was so good. By the end of this transfer I have a goal to finish O Livro de Mormon and mark all the times it says "Senhor" or "Deus" or "Espirito Santo" or talks about a member of the Godhead so that´s going to be a fun thing to do. That´s what´s going on here. Not much more... But like usually I have little funny things I thought of to tell you so that this is enjoyable and spiritual.

So... I told you about the dog attack last week... well this week I got attacked by a bird as we were walking by a tree. It was protecting it´s baby chicks and nothing bled but it´s interesting to put it down... Oh and another different dog attacked me yesterday. So I think this will be a weekly experience of something like that. I finally understand why in all the cartoons it shows missionaries running from dogs... cause it seems like they don´t like missionaries that much.

I had my first really, really, really, REALLY crowded bus ride this last week... did I mention it was crowded? I´m not sure but let me tell you... it was crowded. Me and my companion got on the bus and stood forever... and it was really awkward because there was a lack of testosterone around us... Everywhere I looked it was women and girls... literally. The only men I could see were either in the back of the bus or not around me... talk about weird. Regularly I wouldn´t care but once you become a missionary then you start to notice these type of things and feel uncomfortable in these situations. Oh, and I said the other men were at the back of the bus... yes? I could see back there. I realized that I´m big in Brasil. REALLY REALLY BIG. Everyone looks up to me. I got on the bus and all I saw was the top of heads, really. That was a weird experience for me. Everyone here is short... ok well not short but shorter than me. At school I could see some people and look at their eyes or forehead... yeah no such luck here except for the rare occassion. So that´s how things are here.

So I got a brilliant Idea. I´m going to go buy another SD card for my camera. So I can transfer pictures from my big card to the small one and then send them home to you through email because if the small card gets a virus I can delete all the photos and still have everything on my other card... so you´ll start seeing photos of how things are in Brasil. I thought it was brilliant.

Well this is another week. I love you all. Thanks for the letters. Stay strong. Read the Book of Mormon because that book will help you throughout your whole life.

Endure to the End
Signing Out
Elder Barry

No comments: