Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

First Transfer

So, (então) hoje (today) is transfers. So our P Day is Monday just cause they need to get transfers done. So that is why this letter is early.


I really don't have much to say this week which is also great because I don't have much time this week too.

We had a baptism, They were our investigators... well not really but they count as ours. This is an interesting story so I'll tell it. A lady and her daughter were living in Sobradinho 2 (which is that other area next to ours) and some other missionaries found this lady named Pricilla and her daughter Pérola (means pearl). They taught them everything and they wanted to get baptized. Since my companion is the district leader we walked to Sobradinho 2 and my companion interviewed her. She passed and so did her daughter. Then this lady wanted to get baptized in a river or waterfall... which... is extremely hard to find and extremely hard to get approved. So she didn't get baptized because she couldn't be baptized in the river. Well we were all bummed because that means she isn't baptized and stuff... well in a strange turn of events... she moved to Sobradinho 1 and we got her referal and went to go talk to her... She said she wanted to get baptized and she changed her mind. It didn't have to be in the river/waterfall. WOAH!!!! MIRACLE!!!! This whole transfer me and my companion haven't gotten any results and just this last week we got a baptism. It was way cool. All we have to do now is get her confirmed next week.


So I need to say too that I get a new companion. His name will he Elder Andrade. He's Brasilian. Now I'm going to be living in a house with 3 Brasilians which is going to be cool. I'm definately going to learn Português extremely fast.

In the Book of Mormon I'm reading about Nephi and Laman and Lemuel. I think it's interesting the differences between the brothers. Nephi is always doing what is right and striving to do what is right. Laman and Lemuel or L and L are always murmuring but doing the stuff. They technically are being obedient to everything. They do all the same things as Nephi. But they do it slowly and not with a real intent. So I think a small thing that can help me is be like Nephi. Strive to follow with all my heart. Strive to help others in all things. Be like Nephi.


Endure to the End


Signing Out
Elder Barry

No comments: