Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Hello, It's summer here... but I'm probably just as cold as you are.

So yes it's summer... but today is rained like no other and I'm wet and really cold... really really cold. Like seriously... cold. I don't know if I have time to take a shower and write an email to home and to the mission president and stuff... probably not. We ate at McDonald's today and stayed there for a good 2 hours or so because it's P-day... and it rained a lot. wow... We finally just left and got soaked.

I really don't have all that much to say this week... not many things happened that I wrote down to tell you or nothing is coming to mind. This week went really slow and really fast... I remember this week was just slow and hard... It's really hard to understand and speak Português 24/7. I was tested emotionally and mentally this week. Like no other. It was really really difficult. I don't know what else to say about his week.

Oh I know. My new companion is just going ape on this area. holy cow. He's just going at it and not resting. Basically I follow and testify... then follow... try to speak to people. But he's really cool. He is just a chill Brasilian and is really really patient with me.

I just want to say thanks to people for the letters. I got to read them today and it really helps. I don't know why but it doesn't feel like I'm far from home at all. I feel really comfortable here and it's great. The only thing lacking was family and friends but I love P Days because I can still figure out what's going on at home. I love it.

Don't get me wrong I really love the mission. I'm jsut trying to sum things up for the people that don't understand the mission. This place is so beautiful in so many ways. The culture of people here is so loving. The members of the ward just recieved me with open arms when I arrived in this area in October. When my birthday happened, the bishop and the young men/young women were having a little seminary party and they also celebrated my birthday. I got a cake and everything. That was really really cool.

One thing this mission has taught me is patience with everything because everything is in the Lord's hands. I'm working on Português and I know I will get it in time. I know this gospel is true, why else would I be here? Enduring to the End and I hope you do too.


Endure to the end.


Signing Out
Elder Barry


When Elder Barry was in the MTC in Sao Paulo there was a dedication of a new ward building. They had a missionary choir sing and Matt sang a solo. A friend of mine, Grace Marie Dennis, found this picture on a web site of the sister who directed the choir. It's fun to see Matt doing what he loves to do.

No comments: