Pages

Tuesday, August 03, 2010

The Lost Posts... or Last Post(s)... same thing right?

So this is being posted right about the time I'm being set apart.
Pretty Cool eh?

But I just want you all to know that I love you so very very much. You're probably thinking "How can he love everyone?" Three words "Gospel of Christ".

It true that when you live the gospel of Christ that you love everyone and want to share the gospel with everyone. "Be not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ." Share it because it's the most amazing feeling when the spirit takes over and you feel amazing. (Hello, Department of Redundancy Department... I've got a friend... yes I actually do have friends.) It's amazing how just opening your mouth and talking can help any situation.

Story time.
So this past weekend I went to Flo-rida ok just Florida but that's not important. The important part is that I flew to Jacksonville. (On a plane you silly.) The best part about being on planes is they shove you in this tiny seat with a tiny back with a tiny table in a tiny row on a tiny plane. (Who came up with that plan?) As you're on this plane they don't let you sit by yourself. Oh no no no. They shove twelve more people into the same row where only 2 people could fit comfortable. So you get to by "happen chance" meet people.
Hey how is you?
Is this your foot?
Mind if i sleep on it for a while?
Ok so they aren't THAT small but anyways. I got to meet some wonderful people. (Yes there is a point to this story) I met 3 on the way out and their names are Val, Bob and Kenny. Val and Bob are husband and wife and they live in South Carolina working for Michelin Tire company. It was pretty cool eh. Me and Val talked while her husband sat... and sat... and sat some more (What else can you do? You're sleeping on someones foot.) Me and Val sat and talked about everything and I told her about missions and unfortunately I didn't think about getting their address and sending missionaries over. But I'm hoping I sparked her interest cause we talked a lot about Brazil and Missionary work. She was pretty awesome
Next I talk to Kenny... Not much to report except he's awesome. Him and some other guys are trying to start a resort in the Bahamas. Really cool. He also is starting something called "High Life" They are bumper stickers. Look it up... but I don't know if he has something up yet. It's basically  talking about "High life" Meaning Camping and hiking and stuff like that. He got the idea from people who do something called "Sea Life". Sea life is about oceans. So he does mountains. I thought it was pretty darn awesome. He was a cool guy.
But the important part about this story was coming home. I met a Lady name Joyce Donning. She was the coolest old Lady I have ever met outside my family and Spencer Thomas's Great-Grandma. We talked about religion about half of a 3 hour plane ride which ended up in getting her address. Her getting a little small copy of the Book of Mormon (that thank goodness someone one one row up had and gave to her.) She was interested which was really cool considering that I was Crammed in the seat beside her.

The moral of this story is don't give up. Open up your Mouth. The Spirit will help. The Gospel is True.

*This has not be an advertisement for any company, group or name... or maybe it has*

I just want to let you know I love you and I hope the best for you. All of you in High School, live strong in an environment where it is kinda hard to live so. Whatever you are in, excel and strive to be YOUR very best in it. Have a wonderful time and make the most of it. College buckos... College is amazing and you are going to love it so much. Just like high school live strong even though everyone around you will be living the way you are. Well most of every body depending on where you are going. Strive to do your best in your classes because statistics show... when who cares what they show. Just do your best because the transition into college is pretty hard. All males, I hope to see you out in the mission field. Live worthily so you can be out there for the best years of your life. I expect a letter telling me where you're going. Females, live strong and be an example to the males around you. Help them out as they strive to go on a mission and return with honor. If you get married while I'm gone it better be to an amazing guy because I wont be able to inspect him. Live worthy to enter the temple because it is the most amazing place on this earth and strive to always have the spirit in your lives.

Try to apply principles into your week that you find in the scriptures and write down your experiences.

I love you all so very much

Signing Out
Elder Barry

No comments: