Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Aug 31, 2010 - From the CTM - It's hot but that's okay, I'm sitting in class all day

So it´s been another week. Another week that flew by on the wings of the Spirit. I think now I´ve started to get into the rhythm of things here at the MTC. First off, Learning a language at the MTC is like a roller coaster as maybe Jessica or David would know. One day you feel great and on the top but when you´re at the top it´s one quick descent to the bottom. Then you start flying all over the place and change ever second. Then you hit bottom again and have to start the long journey back to the top. Everytime it happens it´s a totally different experience too. That´s one big roller coaster. To top that off you´re riding two roller coasters simutaniously. So on one you´re up but down on the other... It´s one hard experience. But it´s still fun to do it everyday.

So last week I bought a little book that I can put in my back pocket and write things in. Like a little thought book. This is the first week I´ve been using it and wow. I have so many random thoughts that have come to my head that I write down. First off though I want to share a word my companion Elder Robinson found last week. It´s "Enforcar-se" and it means (Drum Roll Please) 1) To hang oneself by the neck 2) To lose money... and also 3) To get Married. Wow, what a great word. Love it. Moving on.

This week I realized that my mission is like a tithing for my life up till know. By the end of my mission I´ll be 20 and I would have paid 2 years to the Lord. It´s such a weird thought. I guess everyone pays a tithe on their life through callings, missions and service. It´s one strange thought. And by the way I´m still the same person.

I read and finished "Our Search for Happiness" by Elder Ballard in two days. Well, I said I was going to explain what I learned about "The Good Samaritin" Parable. A man goes from Jerusalem to Jericho. If you know anything about how high those places are above sea level, Jerusalem is way high and Jericho is really low. So this man goes from a high to a low place and is robbed or striped of his raiment. Basically he is striped of all knowledge if it works in the sense I am saying it. First a Rabbi passes on the way. This shows us that other religions can´t help this man. Then a Levite passes by. This signifies the Aaronic Priesthood. Even though it is vital for us, it can´t always help us. Then last a Samaritin comes. Samaritins in that time were people most hated by the Jews. Who else was most hated of the Jews? I wonder... maybe Christ. So this man takes us to an inn and PAYS for our stay and says he will return later to see how we are doing. So not only is "The Good Samaritin" about being kind to everyone, it´s also telling us about the Plan of Salvation.

Remember that Christ loves you and that I love you. Have a wonderful week. I would like to challenge you this week to read the parable of "The Good Samaritin" and share it with your family in some way or the other. Have a wonderful time. The Lord loves you all. Endure to the End. Stay Strong. Signing Out Elder Barry

No comments: