Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

#2 from the CTM - written without an Enter button

Hello everybody. It´s me again. Surprised? I am. I felt like yesterday that I was writing this letter back home. Literally it was yesterday. It´s amazing how fast time flies when you´re studying the gospel and language. It´s very fun. So if my letter looks weird it´s cause the Enter button doesn´t work here and some of the buttons of these keyboards are in a very weird place. So I have a couple of new things that happened this week and I think I wrote all of them down so I could tell you but if I forgot one don´t hate me, ok? So first of all I learned this week that the hardest part about the mission... Well the hardest part for me is figuring out my companion and figuring out how he works. It was really hard to talk to him and to study. We finally worked it out though so we´ll see how this goes. Next. I was in this choir for a dedications of a new Chapel that is just up the street from here. It was really, really fun and I was asked to sing a small tiny solo in one of the songs. It was really tiny and I didn´t do all that good but it was a fun choir thing. Something to keep me singing. I love singing. Ok next. The coldest it´s gotten here is a balmy/warm low 60 degrees. It wasn´t that cold and while all the missionaries from the USA had short sleeved shirts, all the Braziladoes had on about 3 jackets/sweaters. It was really really funny. We all liked it and it was just fine. AAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNDDDDDD next. My regular day starts at about 6:20 in the morning. I wake up. Take a shower and get ready for breakfast at 7:00. I eat, like usual, really fast and me and my whole district get up to our classroom before 7:30. From 7:30 to 8:30 we have personal study. Then we have class from 8:30 to 12:15. Then we go eat Lunch. Companion study is from 1:15 - 2:15 then we have MDT (Missionary Directed Time). Then GYM time which is one of the best times of the day. Then we have MDT again. At 4:45 till 5:45 we have dinner. Then more classroom from 5:45 - 9 o clock. At 9:00 we do our daily planning for the next day, have a snack, write in my journal, floor, district, companion and personal oração (Prayer). Then it lights out at 10:30 which I am the king of the light switch. My room might be a little annoyed about it though. Right at 10:30 our lights go out give or take a minute. It´s pretty epic and pretty fun day. But today (Tuesday) is my P Day so I write a letter. Get up at 6 o clock to go to the temple and do whatever I want till 4. Then we have more stuff we need to do. I love going to the temple everyweek. It´s one of the highlights of the week. The other highlight is GYM time which we play Volleyball. We can´t play soccer down here because the Braziladoes get too competitive. So the things we can do are volleyball, basketball, running, and a couple of other things which are pretty cool... (Not really much more to do). But I love being busy here at the CTM because I don´t have to worry about what I need to fill my day. It´s all planned for me. I just need to decide if I´m going to follow that plan. Which I do. And I need to choose what to study for Personal, Companionship study and MDT. But other than that it´s a simple amazing spirit filled life. One word of advice to everyone who hasn´t gone out yet. Label all your clothes. You´ll throw them in the wash with everyone in your room usually cause it´s easier and if they are marked then it makes life so much easier. "My life flows on in endless song above earths´ tempations". So think about that. Have a wonderfull week cause I will. Endure to the End. Let the Holy Spirit guide. Go to the temple as much as possible. Study hard. Be kind to everyone. Read the most amazing book on earth "The Book of Mormon ". I love you. Signing Out Elder Barry

No comments: