Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Worn Right Through









So I'm sending two pictures so you can see how I look different now. One is of my and Elder Santo, my old companion. But I'm sending it so you can see the hair. I literally buzzed my hair. It feels so nice not needing to worry about it and just go.
Well, That wasn't going to be the intro but I guess it can be...
Wait let me start with is again
Hello my dear family,
Well my shoes are worn through but the Spirit is Strong. Here let me send a picture of my shoes too. (Mom if you could get new shoes and send them to me that'd be great. Help the people is Provo understand what to do :D) Worn Shoes. Yeah. That all the new stuff here.
Ok so let me tell you that I bought a new watch cause the other one fell and broke on the floor, It was a tragic ending. He now lies in my desk drawer waiting for the ressurection... or when I actually remember to take him to a watch place to get fix. For now, I have a replacement that costed 23 Reais (about 13 Dollars) It's been working fine.
I'm staying in the land of dust, or also know as Planaltina de Goias. But I'm still getting transfered. Basically it's like moving from Provo to Orem. Or from one bedroom in the house to the other bedroom, in the same house. It's the same thing. Same place. Just walking with different people. My companions is amazing. I have lived with him for 3 months and now we are companions. How crazy. He loves cuzcuz. It's a type of rice that they eat a lot in the northern part of brazil. He basically makes it everyday. It's not all that bad. I learned how to make it and what to do and different ways. Now as companions, I'm sure we'll eat it every day.
Well, I'm doing great. I love the mission. It's definately the right place for me right now. Growing and learning and becoming who I need to be. Changing and having fun doing it.
I love a scripture that in 3 Nephi. It really helped me focus on the mission and not worry about the future because I was really worried about the future. Who I was going to marry, how would me kids be, what would I do, where will i live, what will I study and who will I met. These were many of my questions I had. It was driving me insane. But now I learned something. 3 Nephi 13:24. I don't have it in English here... so I'll type in in Portugues
"Portanto não vos preocupeis com o dia de amanhã, porque o dia de amanhã se preocupará come suas próprias coisas..."
It says don't worry about tomorrow because tomorrow will worry about itself. I learned that we need to work today to get what we want tomorrow. So I stopped worrying about the future and started worrying about today. What would I do? How can I do it? What can I do today to help me in the future? It's just easier to think about it that way.
Also I have been learning a lot about the Christ like attributes and what I need to do to be better. All the things that I though I was good at really are not the things I'm good at. I'm learning on how to be a better person and more well rounded (In more ways than one).
I love you.
This has been brought to you by me.
Endure to the End
Signing OutElder Barry

No comments: