Pages

Monday, February 07, 2011

Transfered!

Wow, the days have really flown by... by the way. Hello my dear family.

So as you can probably read in the heading... I'm getting transfered... dang. It's a good thing because I know I've done all I can for the people in Sobradinho 1 but it has come to a point that I think I'm going to cry if I leave... or when I leave. It's not even a question if I leave and if I cry. It's when I leave and I already have cried and will probably do it again. This area is so amazing. Not because we have a lot of results or because we are helped a lot of people get baptized. That isn't what makes an area awesome. What makes an area awesome is loving and serving. Wow. I'm going to start crying just typing this. I love the house, the members, the recent converts, the streets, the houses, the lunches, the church, the squeaky annoying little chairs, my companions squeaky shoes, my companion, the young men, the young women, the ward, the missionaries, the food, the beautiful sunrise, the buses, the people we contact, my friends and my family.

Last night the ward had a sending away party for a missionary who worked here during his mission. He came back for the last day to say goodbye. During the party we received transfers and we learned that I was leaving. Wow, I was so bummed out. I love this area. We just sat a talked with the members and they wanted us to speak. I started to cry trying to speak to them. It's even harder because getting emotional and speaking in another language doesn't mix. Well, I told them that I left a family back in the USA with friends and family members. But when I got here, I gained another family. I'm really excited to move on and meet other people but I don't want to leave this area. It's so crazy hard. I'm so excited for some of these young men, I hope I got them excited to serve missions. I have their emails for after the mission. (<----- Português sentence structure)

Side note, we are in a Lan house (where we write and send emails on the computers) and they are playing "It's you and me and all other people... And I don't know why, I can't take my eyes off of you." It just reminds me high school dances. Wow... Flashback and side track. Moving on.

So if you haven't realized, they really do play a lot of American music down here. Everyone thinks "other countries listen to other music in their own language." Well they do do that... but they really do listen to a lot of american music too.

Man, today is trunky music in the Lan House. Now they are playing "She will be Loved" By Maroon 5. Wow. Another one "You change your mind, like a girl, changes clothes." Man I can't wait to get out of this Lan House. I'm hearing a whole bunch of American music.

I was studying today in 3 Nephi about Nephi and how awesome he is or was. He had so much faith and so much power. He preached the gospel so much and with so much power and authority that the people couldn't not not (not?) believe in his words. And they didn't like it. They knew he was right but chose not to follow. So choose to follow. Also open your mouth. It's a commandment. And when you open your mouth, don't let it just hang there. Talk to people about the gospel. It's so important. It will help the missionary work soooooo much. Wow. If everyone who is a member would talk to one other person and invite them to church the church would grow so amazingly fast. So this is my challenge for you this week my family. Find someone to invite to church. And help them.

Endure to the End

Signing Out
Elder Barry

No comments: