Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Transfered

Oh my goodness... it was Valentine's day and I didn't even know it. That is literally the first time that has ever happened in my life... Well, with that beginning. Oi minha familia

Wow, I don't know what to write but let me tell you. This week went by so fast but it feels like it went slow. First time that has happened to me. I can't believe the week has already gone by... but it feels like and enternity since I last wrote home. It feels crazy.

So I am not in Brasilia anymore. I'm in a state called Goias. Actually i'm in an area called planaltina Goais. It is so different than Sobradinho 1. Sobradinho is a kind or a rico (rich) area. Now, it's pretty much so much different. There is a lot of dirt. It's everywhere in the house. It even was resting on my soap one morning. That was weird. Well this area is really different. There are 4 of us here and honestly, there are 4 new guys here. They took out all the people who were here and put in 4 completely new missionaries. Holy Cow. It's kinda stressful. We worked our first couple days without knowing where we were going. That was pretty interesting. Also, It's not a neat and nice organzied city. I'm still a little confused where to go and how to work. But my and my companion have finally picked an area we will start working in. It's going to be great. My companion's name is Elder Young. He's from Provo, Ut and went to Provo High. (kinda sounds like me). But it's kinda interesting talking about areas we remember. It was really strange and still is strange to be able to say a name of a place in Provo and he knows where it is too. Well we have been working of tearing up roads... but that's already been done. The roads here literally potholes which makes me really glad that I don't have to drive. This week i'm actually really excited because we will actually work in our area most of the time. Last week Elder Young had a meeting (Wednesday) then on Thursday I had a meeting. Then on Friday we actually got to work in our area. So this week is going to be so much fun. We are going to work so freaking hard.


I don't know why but one of my favorite types of members to talk to are the wives who give us lunch. They are so cool. They remind me of mom a little bit. We really have had some very espiritual experiences with them.


I read a scripture today in Doctrine and Covenants. But I can't remember exactly where. I think it's D&C 107: 99-100. It's pretty amazing. It talks about a slothful servant and how they wont be worthy to stand at the last day. So don't be slothful. It's important. Diligence is a key to missionary work. It's also a key to our salvation and our happiness on this earth.

I don't know what else to write so I'll just close this letter now.

Endure to the End

I Love You

Signing Out
Elder Barry

No comments: