Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

The Spirit Rains

Dear Fam,

If you like rain, you'd love the rain here (when it rains.) Because when it rains... it POURS!!! Seriously, Sometimes when it rains, we get stuck outside and don't have umbrellas. It takes us by surprise so we get stuck underneath something that protects us from the rain. Like right now, it's sunny, but here in 30 minutes it could be pouring. It's like good ol' Utah weather. You know how they say "If ya don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes."

An apartment by Brick Oven sounds great. I'm excited for it. Well scared and excited. It'll sure be strange. My companion is excited because he just got accepted to BYU today.

So about 2 weeks ago I spoke in church. I forgot to tell you that. I spoke in church the other day. It was fun. I talked about how there are people that we know that are ready to receive the truth that are all around us and all we need to do it open our mouths and tell them about it. I hope that at least some of the members got something out of it.

Pedregal is a branch that is bigger than some of the wards here in the zone. I think it's really close to becoming a Ward but I don't know. Maybe there are more things it needs. But in church this last week there were almost 100 people. That was cool.

In our stake the stake president wants to do a musical program with the missionaries. So guess who basically got put in charge. Yup, me. I'm guessing that's why I wasn't transfered, I need to do this music program. We had our first and only practice today and It sounds pretty good. I'm excited and hope that everything goes without a hitch. It's interesting to work with missionaries who know basically nothing about music. I hope they remember everything so that we can do the program all goody good.

I love reading the Ensign or the Liahona of the conference reports. It is so good. I read one by Elder Eyring the other day that has helped me a lot. He said to always work even though you are tired and exhausted. We must work. I loved it.

Right now my companion and I are finding new people to teach because the old people aren't progressing that well so we are basically going to start from scratch.


Endure to the End

Love you

Singing Out
Elder Barry

No comments: