Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Movin' strong

Wow, I must say that my legs are pretty darn tired from soccer today. But afterwards we ate 2 bowls of Açai. You know the Brasilian fruit that everyone was basically talking about, yeah. It's so good. I love it.

We are hitting Carnaval. It's basically a big party here in Brasil. Everyone parties while the missionaries need to stay in the house. We have to get home early for about a week because it can be really dangerous here. Not just dangerous but scandalous. Honestly, from the little I've seen in the street and passing on TV (everyone watches TV) from all the little tid bits...wow. Watch out.

Today, I'm good. Great. I'm a little tired but that is basically every day especially a day of soccer. This week was really hard. We had transfers, meetings, meetings and more meetings. My companion and I basically lost 3 days just because of meetings we needed to go to. On the days we had free to work nothing happened until Sunday, last day of the week. We were walking past a house, I was on the phone resolving problems and my companion just stopped at a house we were walking past and started talking. This led to entering the house and teaching. They are a good family... well, not married family but they are still potential to progress. We are way excited. After a week of almost nothing, finally a result.

We are still working with the same people and they are all kind of... stopped. We need to do something different or find new people.

Maicon is only missing permission from his mom. She won't give it because she says that Maicon doesn't obey her enough. She basically says that it's our fault that he isn't changing and that our lessons aren't changing him. But we see a difference. I don't know how she doesn't see it.
Waldivino still is going to church. We can't get him to accept a date or stop smoking. But honestly after time of going to church he is probably going to ask to be baptized.

Sávio is still there, his foot is getting better. He went to another church the other day so now we know that he can go to church. We are going to work on that. Him in Chruch. Get him in and he'll ask to be baptized.

Family ties are strong, if Jess stayed in Idaho I would find time to go there.

Movin on, movin strong

Endure to the End

Signing Out
Elder Barry

No comments: