Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Matt Fat? Just taller!

Hello again, it's me... way down here... in Brasil. Still alive.

Wow, it feels like this email comes every week. It's amazing. It's cool.

So Brasil is amazing still. I love it here. Especially in my first area. I've been here for about 3 months and will stay here for at least 4 and a half months. It's really cool. I've experienced so much in these three months that I couldn't learn anywhere else. No where else has the things of a mission. The mission really has been difficult. But it's totally worth everything that happens. I love it here.

Funny experience... Ok maybe not all that funny. But I think it is. I've gained weight... Yes... I can hardly believe it myself. I have gained weight. I've gained almost 20 pounds on the mission. I don't know where it is going... But I now have about 180 pounds instead of 160. It doesn't make and sense to me either. I walk all day, sweating like a pig (or like dad (I've realized I'm more like dad then I thought)) I literally only have been eating lunch. Breakfast is a tiny snack and so is dinner. Lunch in the big meal... and still... I've gained weight... All the logic in my head has exploded. I don't know what is going on here. I was scared of coming on the mission and losing weight and the opposite has happened. Also, I think I'm still growing... How do I know you might ask... my pants. I'm pretty sure they were longer when I got here... Also they are getting kinda tight... so I'm growing in all directions. Don't be surprised if I come home and my pants are at my knee caps and I had to sew my pants together because they ripped around the waist.

Moving on.

So, today I studied... Big surprise :D ok not really big surprise... I study everyday but today was really really good. I was studying about Ammon and King Lamoni. But my favorite character in this story isn't mentioned as much. My new favorite character is the wife of King Lamoni. She doesn't even have a name but she is my new favorite especially at one point in the story... wait rewind. So I really like faith. The conscepte of fé is really interesting how it works, stories about it, things like that. I've really learned a lot about fé and how it works by studying it. So with that intro I want to say that the wife of King Lamoni is my favorite because she has sooooo much fé. She believes the words of Ammon with not very much proof only the testimony of the servants but she believes. It kind of reminds me of the people here in Brasil. I hear so many stories about the people in the ward and how they came to know the church and it's amazing. The Lamanite people (Brasilian People) have so much fé. I really don't know how they do it and how some of them continued in the church. Some of them had really really hard lives. If I had had the same expeiences deles (sorry that means "of them" or that they had) I don't know how I would of taken it. They are just so strong.

I really don't have a lot more to write right now. I can't think of what to write.

Eu sei que esta Igreja é verdadeira e que os missionarios estão fazendo o trabalho do Senhor. Eu sei que nós possamos aprender maís todo dia. Eu amo a missão. Esta expereincia é bom de maís.

Com Amore
Endure to the End

Signing Out
Elder Barry

No comments: