Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Elder Barry's little ducks

HELLO!!!!

Wow, another week has already gone by... I don't believe it. I really think I'm going to be home tomorrow... well if 2012 is tomorrow... then I will be.

I just wanted to share something weird that I learned. It's just about how they say good-bye here. I just learned this. In Spanish I think you spell good-bye like this -- Cião -- I thought it would be the same thing here. Man was I wrong. You spell it like this -- Tchou -- It's the only way to get the 'ch' sound in português at the beginning of a word. I think it looks kinda crazy.

Before I move onto my favorite part of the letter I just want to tell you really fast about the week

Segunda-Feira -- This day was just a little normal day.
Terça-Feira -- This is P-Day, it was not normal. The Zone Leaders lost our letters... Or forgot them at the mission office. The was a bummer. But other than that... we made some really really really good noddles. Wow... really really good. I really want the recipe
Quarta-Feira -- We started an english class here. It was pretty cool. Luckly I have a Brasilian who knows English really really well to help me because I don't know how Brasilians learn English.
Quinta-Feira -- I want to tell you about one of my new best friends here. His name is Elder Startup. He's from (I think) Spanish Fork. We did a trade and I got to be with him for about 2 days. Talk about really really fun. We have the same time in the mission so we are going to come home the same time. He's going to be going to UVU and I'm so excited.
Sexta-Feira -- Still in a trade... was awesome
Sabado -- This day was really cool and kinda funny. Saturday night we had an intergration night. It's were we get the investigators and members together and have an activity. Well we had a treasure hunt and it was absolutely awesome... People were running everywhere, I was running everywhere... It was really fun. In my group for the scavenger hunt it was me, the bishop and one other adult and a lot of little kids. The whole night I was being followed by little kids. It was funny. I had my little ducks. It was really fun. I love intergration nights. They are such a good idea for missionaries.
Domingo -- Just church. Then worked like we do everyday. I really do love working. It started to make me wonder how missions were for Dave, Mark, Vaughn, Jason and Brian. What did they do different than me and how have the missions changed.

I just have a little encouragement for my wonderful beautiful family the lives about 15 minutes or less from the temple. GO. It's so important. I really have been feeling a fault without a temple here. To think that I lived 15 minutes from the temple and didn't go and take opportunity of it. It's so important. If you don't have time... make time. It's just that simple.

Hey mom. Do you know an Elder Michael Johnson? I heard he is in your mission from my first companion here in Brasilia. My trainer, Elder Kirkham, just wanted for you to have a connection to here.

I want to share something I learned today in my study. It's simple and clear. IT IS A COMMANDMENT TO SHARE YOUR TESTIMONY. Check it out. D&C 84:61 and I think the other is in D&C 100:5ish. Check it out. The Lord wants us to bear our testimonies and let others feel the spirit. It really is important especially in these last days. Bear your testimony and help others come unto Christ. ]

No comments: