Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Trying to spell Proselyte

Wow, it´s another week already. I really don´t know what to say this week that is much different than last week. I don´t know if I told you that prosilyting or however you spell it, was really really cool. It was an awesome experience. I´m excited for everyone that we were able to give a Book of Mormon to and hope that they read it. It´s a big trusting experience when you don´t know the language all that well and you are teaching other people why it´s so important. It´s hard to change exactly what I want to say form English to Portuguese. But really that´s when I step back and think. It´s not what I have to say, it´s what the Lord wants to say. So then with that thought I´m going to prosylite (Tried to spell it different, still doesn´t look right) this Friday again but this time we are going in to the Big City, Literally, we are going into downtown São Paulo to try to talk to people. I´ve heard there is a bridge that over 1 million people walk over it in a day, so pretty much I think I´ll be on that bridge... the whole time. I´ve got 1 million people to talk to. Well today, The 21st of September or Vinte e Um de Setebro is our district leader´s birthday. He´s 21, yeah, kinda old, but I´m probably the closest with him. His name is Elder Dohrman if you wanted to know. But the real reason I told you this is so I can tell you that we went to a place called "Churrascaria" and it was the best thing ever. You know those "Brazilian" places that they serve the meat and walk around from table to table and stuff... yep. Went there, did that, be jealous, so good. I must tell you that I went in bravely and came out feeling great. Also I must tell you that I had cow hoof which tasted like beef roast (roast beef?) and then had a chicken heart which tasted more like sea food then chicken. So I´m working on being awesome in Brazil. I don´t know what else to say though, hmmm... I must say that a mission has been the best experience of my life so far, I´m so glad that I´m here. It definitely changes how you see things. Brasil is definitely not the USA but it definitely is just so awesome. It´s a different beauty here. Well, I want to leave with saying, be strong like unto Moroni. Shake the very foundations of Hell. Be like Joseph Smith and be a disturber and an annoyance of the "Kingdom" (If you can call it that) of the Devil.
Endure to the End. (Perserverar Até o Fim.)
Signing Out, Elder Barry

No comments: