Pages

Friday, April 12, 2013

"That's Life"

When I started this blog about 2 or 3 years ago, I started it just because I wanted to start a blog and it seemed like all my friends had a blog and I wanted to be like them. It was a pretty interesting thing. I wrote random stuff and things that really make no sense what-so-ever. As the years passed, I received a mission call and thought "hey, I can use the blog that I already created for people to keep up with me on the mission." So I put my mom as a publisher and had her put all my letters on this blog so that people could see what happened to me.

Since I've been back I haven't really written anything. Maybe a couple of small things but nothing constant. I could say that I'd promise to write more but to be honest I'll write something now and here in a couple months I'll remember again that I have a blogspot and think "Hey, it'd be cool if I actually wrote something." Then I do.

Lately the thoughts that have been in my head are along the lines of life. Life. "to life, to life, l'chaim". Life is an interesting thing. It's like a roller coaster. Sometimes you're up and sometimes you're down. It always changes. People change, Seasons change, even Earth changes. I like to think that there are two things that are going to be constant in our life. One is that "the only thing constant is change." The other comes from my Christian background. Another thing that is constant is God. So while we change constantly and go up and down on a roller coaster, God doesn't. He's always there. He's "The same yesterday, today and forever." I find it nice to think that while I'm changing there is at least one thing that I can look to that is constant. Some stable spot in my life.

So I want to let anyone know that is reading this that God is always there. He has promised that if you do his will, you will be happy. A true happiness will come into your life, not a fake every once in a while happiness. Because he is a constant God, then if we do his will we will have a constant joy. I'm not saying that we won't have trials and problems. I'm not saying that sad things wont happen. I'm saying that through those hard times we can have a joy that is constant and will help us through.

Don't give up.
Endure to the End.

Signing Out
Matthew John Barry

No comments: