Pages

Monday, January 09, 2012

New Year

FELIZ ANO NOVO!!!! FELIZ DOIS MIL E DOZE (2012)

Querido Família, (Dear Family)

Eu Amo Vocês!!! (I love you)

It was so great to see you (almost) all on Christmas and I hope that everyone is having a wonderful New Year.

One thing strange or awesome about Brasil is that there were A LOT of Fireworks on new years. I woke up, watched a little bit and couldn't go back to sleep because it was so loud. It was a cool experience. I was actually surprised with how many fireworks there were. I'm in a poorer area and I was surprised with how many fireworks people bought.

I wrote a whole bunch of notes on my patriarchal blessing, now I need to go back and review them because there is a lot of things there that I can learn from and grow from.

New years was a day like any other day for me. Only difference is that we woke up around mid night to look at the fireworks. But honestly, people are a lot happier here during Christmas and New Years. I hope it lasts.

I think the biggest difference for me is that my plans now need to include what is going to happen after the mission. It's strange to think that in 7 months, everything isn't planned for me. I need to actually plan 100% of my days. I'm so excited to do love gifts for next year. I'm already planning something awesome.

So for transfers, I stayed in the same area and got a new companion, His name is Elder Giles and he's also from Utah. He's from Castle dale (try finding that on a map.) He is actually in my same group. We will be going home together and we are way excited to work together.

I love Lehi's dream and thanks on the insights. I find that the best way we learn is sharing what we learned. Something cool that I learn this week was in church. We learned about the mission of the church. The mission is to invited all to come unto Christ. We learned about three over lapping circles 1. Missionary work 2. Perfecting the saints 3. Work for the Dead. These three circles overlap in a way that when we are doing missionary work, we are becoming more perfected. When we are doing the work for the dead we are becoming more perfected and helping missionary work. When we become more perfect, we have a desire to serve others and help in missionary work and go to the temple. So you could say that we should have some goals as members of the church. 1. Help the missionary work 2. Go the the temple and do work for the dead 3. Become Perfect.

I loved this lesson we had in church. I hope you all can learn from it too.


I love you and hope everything is going wonderfully good.

Do what is right.

Endure to the End

Signing Out
Elder Barry

No comments: