Pages

Monday, December 05, 2011

Happy and Tired

Dear Family,

I'm exhausted. I feel like one of the Elders from "The District 2" The one who says "I'm so tired, I don't understand how I can be so happy when I'm tired."

So Mom, I'll get the innfomation so that we can talk on Christmas. I'll know tomorrow if we can Skype or just talk on the phone. The mission president didn't set a time. He just said "Be wise" or in other words "Don't be Stupid". If you have a small family, don't talk for 10 hours. If you have a big family, you can't talk to them all within 1 hour... so We just need to be wise. I'll plan with the other missionaries in the house about the times and when we will talk. I don't know if it will be on Saturday, Sunday or Monday... I don't know what days or time. But I'll let you know.

We had another practice today and it was good. I'm just tired. We are singing for the Missionary Christmas Meeting. There are about 12 elders and 12 sisters, 1 pianist(who has to play the hardest music ever) and 1 violinist. It's pretty fun. These missionaries are from almost all the zones in the mission. That zone that is forever away will have their own Christmas party because they can't bring them all back.

The part member family didn't get married. The husband is fishing around for excuses... I don't know why but he is just delying the time over and over again. Elder Johnson and I are going to go there and just help them... some how. I don't know how... but we will follow the spirit, He knows what to do.

Winter? It's summer right now. It's the rainy season. It's rains cows and horses and a couple of whales. (Not just cats and dogs.) The rainy season is literally the rainy season. Everyday basically rains... and if you forgot your umbrella then you are getting soaked. It's pretty hot too. It's hot when it doesn't rain. Lets just say... it's always hot. When it's hot it rains.

I got one Christmas package, I'm debating on opening it now... or finish opening it now... or wait. I don't know. I bought a little Christmas tree to put on my desk... so I might put the rest of the presents under the tree.

Well. I honestly don't know what to say more. How about Jacob 6:12. Good Scripture. It is basically a new rule in our mission put in by Elder Evans. He said "Don't be stupid" I think "Be Wise" Close enough.

A cool saying from our mission president: "A man that works like 10 men is valuable, A man who makes 10 men work is so much more valuable." I'm sorry if it sounds a little weird. I can't think of the words to trade it from Portugues to English. Wow my English is off.

I love you.

Endure to the End

Singing Off
Elder Barry

No comments: