Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

Baptisms and Training

Family

Today is the 26th of september in the year 2011. I am in a Lan House with weird video game sounds going on in the background. My companion is next to me. I'm wearing a silver/white tie and have a mechanical pencil and an orange pen. I'm wearing a watch and of course all my clothes. Black pants. White shirt. Black/Brown shoes(because of the dirt).

Well, first the bad news. The mail service here in Brasil is on strike... So I won't be sending or receiving letters for a little while. Not forever... but still send them. When they open up then I'll get a whole bunch of letters. Remember, I only can send and receive e-mails from my FAMILY, not everyone else. Just my FAMILY. :D (Mission Rule)

Well, good news. It rained here. After about 4 to 6 months without rain. That was welcomed. We are entering the rainy season and it's going to be wet. I accidentally left my umbrella in my last area so I need to buy a new one somewhere. One that won't break fast too.

Leah broke her Wrist? Congrats!!!! It's a first in a life time. I know exactly how that feels. It has happened to me, too. I think out of the 4 broken wrists (I think it's four... there have been a lot) 2 of them (our 1 of them) was on a scooter, too. But I have never had to get any pins, screws or rods. We'll leave those to Mark and I think Jess. Just hope they don't have to do "Manipulation" on you. One good thing about broken wrists was that in middle school (like leah), I actually got a Laptop from the school to take notes and to write papers and everything. But that was because it was my right hand. The writing hand.

I feel fat. Not bloated... But I have extra skin in places that I didn't even know that I had skin at. I'm getting pretty good at sticking out my belly though. I got the pants you sent... and the shirts too.


Yeah. It's only on Sunday... Our Zone has taken a little fall... But It's because some of the missionaries need to be remained on what to do. But I think it's going along better with D&C 58 Verses (I think) 26-29. The ones that say that men need to be engaged in a good cause with their own and free choice.

I know how it is to go through clothes... I've stopped liking them and just wear them. I try to look nice. The only things that I really worry about are the ties. Because they can't really be replaced as easy. Don't get me wrong. I'm using everything nicely. But ties are just a little bit easier to clean.

Yeah. I'm so grateful that I got here really fast and easily.

I really wish I had just the straight up trainings. I would have loved it. Spiritual training is really good. I know a missionary who is really close to leaving that is really good technically but you don't feel the spirit. Then I know a lot of missionaries who have little technically but everything spiritually. Usually the Spirit, well always... the spirit is better.

I have not heard much about a new training really. We have all the lessons with the Doctrine of Christ – the Missionary purpose, The role of the Holy Ghost in conversion, revelation through the Book of Mormon, through church attendance and through prayer. Teaching people, not lessons and inviting people to make commitments. but nothing really big on training them. We try... but we need a real program. The DVD really helps out with that part though.

Oh that's right. We now are using DVD players in our mission. Every house has 1 so we are using it a lot.

We just got out of the cold season... Because there was no rain for 5ish months... But now it's getting colder and hotter everyday. It's strange I know... But hotter because it's summer (almost) here and colder because of the rain.

We had a baptism... it was really happy and amazing. The person getting baptized brought about 10 friends to watch the baptism. It was a miracle. No on came to church though which was sad but the lady got confirmed which was good. So like always... We are sad but stay happy. Sad the people don't want to learn about this amazing plan and church God has for us and happy because D&C 18:15-16. So we continue. We have a lady here (Fatima) that said (about the last baptism that she couldn't go to) "e logo meu chegará" which means... soon, my baptism is coming. Fatima is the mother of 3 childeren who have about 25 years of age. She has about 50 years of age and really is loving the church. She's really progressing. We are going to take her to General Conference then she'll get baptized probably on the 8th (which is also the last week of transfers.) She is amazing. She's happy and loves the church. Pray for her that nothing will stop her from being baptized.

That's us here in Valparaíso. Everything is wonderful and great.

Stay Happy

Do What is Right

Endure to the End

Signing Out
Elder Barry

No comments: