Pages

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Week 1

Entâo,
This week has been interesting. There really isn´t much I can say about it. There is this scripture that says beautiful are the feet of them that spread the gospel. Let me tell you. They don´t look all that beautiful. They are really really ugly, blisters and such, but that´s what you get from walking around all day. It actually isn´t all that bad though. It´s way fun to do this work.


Also I get hit with saudade every once in a while. Saudade is like a missing of something. For example I could be walking around and I´ll smell something that reminds me of somthing or someone or a fun experience. That´s saudade. It happens throughout the day and it can waste a day if you aren´t careful



My companion´s name is Elder Kirkham from Blackfoot Idaho. He´s pretty cool and we teach and stuff. I really don´t know what to say. We walk. And Teach. Then Walk... Then we... teach. Nothing really more.


Holy cow this language is crazy. I don´t understand most of the time what people are saying. So that´s why elder Kirkham is here to save the day. I´m working on the language as much as possible and right now that includes reading "O Livro De Mórmon". It´s pretty slow and really hard but I´m in Alma right now and just chugging through it as much as I can. I wish I had more to say but the work is good.


I love this place.


For all of my friends who are planning to go on missions, I have one suggestion. Read the Book of Mormon in your mission language as many times as you can before you go. Even though you won't under stand it when you start. You´ll see your own progress near the end. I´ve been doing this and I can tell the basic idea of a verse. It´s pretty interesting. So try it.


I love you all and I hope you stay strong. The Gosple of Jesus Christ is true. I love you so much and I hope you are doing well


Endure to the End
Signing Out
Elder Barry




P.S. If anyone gets a call. I better get a letter.

No comments: